How do you incorporate module_xmos_common in a project?

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
landon
Experienced Member

How do you incorporate module_xmos_common in a project?

Post by landon »

I'm sure this is probably a very simple question to answer, but since I'm new to this dev environment, it's not obvious to me and I haven't found any references to this error after having searched.

I'm trying to build the various example apps that rely on module_xmos_common. When I build the project, app_uart_example.1v1 for example, I will see this error:

Code: Select all

**** Build of configuration XMOS Compiler Collection (xcc) for project app_uart_example.1v1 ****

xmake all 
Makefile:33: /build/Makefile.common: No such file or directory
xmake: *** No rule to make target `/build/Makefile.common'.  Stop.
In the XDev I've gone to the project Properties->Project References and checked the checkbox for module_xmos_common.1v3

In the Makefile I see the context around the line 33:

Code: Select all

#================================================================
# The following part of the Makefile includes the common build infrastructure
# for compiling XMOS applications. You should not need to edit below here.

# Use the latest 1v* version of module_xmos_common
include $(lastword $(sort $(wildcard ../module_xmos_common.1v*)))/build/Makefile.common
Given the admonition, I'm clearly not supposed to directly edit the include directive.

What am I missing in the project setup in order to incorporate module_xmos_common.1v* ? Any pointers to get me on track would be appreciated.

Landon

landon
Experienced Member

Post by landon »

Answering my own question just in case someone else comes across this error...

It looks like in my zeal to import projects into XDev, I had fairly early on imported module_xmos_common.1v3 as a standalone project, so when I imported the other apps, the xmos common was not selectable since it already existed in my workspace, so the import didn't pull in the subdirectory with xmos common.

Once I deleted module_xmos_common.1v3 from the workspace and reimported one of the samples which contained it, I was able to get everything else to build - across projects.

Landon