Build error XHRA to XU208 Topic is solved

Technical questions regarding the xTIMEcomposer, xSOFTip Explorer and Programming with XMOS.
syeric
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:34 am

Build error XHRA to XU208

Postby syeric » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:42 am

Hello all!
I'm trying to port the old XHRA design to XU208 hardware (using this guide: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=6375)
I followed all the steps but I still get a build error when building the project:

Code: Select all

xmake CONFIG=Default all 
Checking build modules
Using build modules: module_dfu module_i2c_shared module_i2c_single_port module_spdif_tx module_usb_audio module_usb_device module_usb_shared module_xud module_locks
Creating app_usb_aud_xu208_xhra.xe
cd .build && xcc  -DFLASH_MAX_UPGRADE_SIZE=64*1024*3 -fcomment-asm -Xmapper --map -Xmapper MAPFILE -O3 -report -fsubword-select -save-temps -g -DXUD_SERIES_SUPPORT=4 -march=xs2a -DUSB_TILE=tile[0] -DQUAD_SPI_FLASH=1 -lquadflash   -L "E:\XMOS\sw_usb_audio-[sw]_6.15.2\sc_xud\module_xud\lib" -lxud_x200 @_obj.rsp "..\.\src\core\xhra_xcore.xn"    -o "..\bin\\app_usb_aud_xu208_xhra.xe"
xcc1: terminated due to internal unrecoverable error
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
http://www.xmos.com/support
xmap: Error: Failed to compile multi-tile main.
xmake[1]: *** [bin//app_usb_aud_xu208_xhra.xe] Error 1
xmake: *** [bin//app_usb_aud_xu208_xhra.xe] Error 2
Anybody got an idea on how to fix this?
View Solution
User avatar
CousinItt
XCore Addict
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Postby CousinItt » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:58 am

There may be a limit on command line length that you're bumping into, or it could be a problem with the paths (e.g. missing directories?) or characters embedded in the paths. Try simplifying the paths as much as you can and check they are correct.
syeric
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:34 am

Postby syeric » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:37 pm

CousinItt wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:58 am
There may be a limit on command line length that you're bumping into, or it could be a problem with the paths (e.g. missing directories?) or characters embedded in the paths. Try simplifying the paths as much as you can and check they are correct.
Hi, CousinItt.
I have copied the files directly to E:\ but nothing changed, build wrong again.
Anybody got other ideas?
User avatar
akp
Respected Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:47 pm

Postby akp » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:48 pm

I might be on the wrong track, but doesn't it seem odd that it's trying to compile a multi-tile main for XU208? That only has one tile, right?
syeric
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:34 am

Postby syeric » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:10 am

akp wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:48 pm
I might be on the wrong track, but doesn't it seem odd that it's trying to compile a multi-tile main for XU208? That only has one tile, right?
So, should I modify the build flags in the Makefile? And how to make it?
User avatar
akp
Respected Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:47 pm

Postby akp » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:35 pm

Hi. It builds OK for me. Here's the process I used by reviewing the viewtopic.php?f=37&t=6375
1. Download and expand the merged files from @mon2 https://axxonshare.s3.amazonaws.com/xmo ... 5.2rc1.zip
2. Download the updated project files download/file.php?id=1686
3. From the xhra2xu208_1v0.zip, copy the project files (.cproject, .settings/, .project) to the app_usb_aud_xu208_xhra directory (this will enable it to import into xTIMEcomposer)
4. In xTIMEcomposer 14.3.3, import all the projects into the workspace
5. Build app_usb_aud_xu208_xhra --> builds without errors (but with some warnings)
syeric
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:34 am

Postby syeric » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:51 pm

akp wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:35 pm
Hi. It builds OK for me. Here's the process I used by reviewing the viewtopic.php?f=37&t=6375
1. Download and expand the merged files from @mon2 https://axxonshare.s3.amazonaws.com/xmo ... 5.2rc1.zip
2. Download the updated project files download/file.php?id=1686
3. From the xhra2xu208_1v0.zip, copy the project files (.cproject, .settings/, .project) to the app_usb_aud_xu208_xhra directory (this will enable it to import into xTIMEcomposer)
4. In xTIMEcomposer 14.3.3, import all the projects into the workspace
5. Build app_usb_aud_xu208_xhra --> builds without errors (but with some warnings)
Hi, akp.
I have tried with your instructions but it failed again. Same wrong messages as listed above.
I'm quite confused where is wrong. :(
User avatar
akp
Respected Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:47 pm

Postby akp » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:53 pm

Right. Did you start a whole new workspace? And you're using 14.3.3?
syeric
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:34 am

Postby syeric » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:57 pm

And also, I have also tried to build other XMOS reference codes(app_usb_aud_xk_216_mc), just as xhra2xu208, it shows:

Code: Select all

Creating app_usb_aud_xk_216_mc_1i2o2xxxxxx.xe
xcc1: terminated due to internal unrecoverable error
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
http://www.xmos.com/support
xcc1: terminated due to internal unrecoverable error
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
http://www.xmos.com/support
xmap: Error: Failed to compile multi-tile main.
xmap: Error: Failed to compile multi-tile main.
xmake[1]: *** [bin/1i2o2xxxxxx/app_usb_aud_xk_216_mc_1i2o2xxxxxx.xe] Error 1
xmake: *** [bin/1i2o2xxxxxx/app_usb_aud_xk_216_mc_1i2o2xxxxxx.xe] Error 2
So I think that maybe there is something wrong with my software environent?
syeric
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:34 am

Postby syeric » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:59 pm

akp wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:53 pm
Right. Did you start a whole new workspace? And you're using 14.3.3?
Yes. The things I have done is:
1.Uninstall xtimecomposer 14.3.2
2.Install xtimecomposer 14.3.3
3.Import the project and build
Nothing changed. Wrong again.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests