Configuring USB package for XK-AUDIO-316-MC-AB?

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
KF6GPE

Configuring USB package for XK-AUDIO-316-MC-AB?

Post by KF6GPE »

So, I'm sure this is something stupid.

I've downloaded and installed XMOS XTC Tools 15.2 on my WIndows 11 development machine. I can successfully run the tools after running the environment setup file.

I've downloaded sw_usb_audio-[sw]_v8_0_0. Here's what I'm seeing
1. Where do I place it? Attempting to build the firmware for the '316 in the download location fails, because xcommon isn't in the path.
2. I attempted to fix that by putting sw_usb_audio-[sw]_v8_0_0 in the build directory, where I find xcommon.
3. Running xmake in the app_usb_aud_xk_316_mc churns for a bit, and then gives me this error:

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\XMOS\XTC\15.2.1\build\sw_usb_audio-[sw]_v8_0_0\app_usb_aud_xk_316_mc> xmake all
Building configuration 1AMi2o2xxxxxx
Checking build modules
'"\xmos_check_module_version"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
xmake[2]: *** [check_version_lib_adat] Error 1
xmake[1]: *** [check_module_deps] Error 2
xmake: *** [1AMi2o2xxxxxx.all] Error 2
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\XMOS\XTC\15.2.1\build\sw_usb_audio-[sw]_v8_0_0\app_usb_aud_xk_316_mc>

I skimmed the documentation for the board a couple of times, but either the docs don't say much about setting up in the SDK, or I'm missing something very obvious.

mmar
Experienced Member

Post by mmar »

Primary place XTC tools inside program files or any folder with spaces in path is catastrophic mistake.
Secondary dont make all , this build all configs . Instead use

Code: Select all

xmake CONFIG=<config name>
and read https://github.com/xmos/sw_usb_audio/bl ... onfigs.rst and other docs