Xcore microphone array board issues

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
juanluis
New User

Xcore microphone array board issues

Post by juanluis »

Hi all,

I am new to Xcore programming. I am trying to execute an example on the Xcore microphone array board (XK-USB-MIC-UF216) but I am having some issues. When I connect the board to the USB all leds (14) are switched on by default. All of them in red. I do not think this is normal but I have not found any reference to this in the documentation. When I try to run the compiled code (run-run configuration) , in the target list it shows XMOS XTAG-3 connected to O[0] [VcVSXw44]. Is this right? Should it show something different? when the code is running the XTAG leds flash but the array board does not do anything written in the code compiled. Could you please help me with this?

In addition, in the makefile, I am using XUF216-512-TQ128-C20 which is the microcontroller included in the board. Is this right?

Many thanks,

Juan

Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

juanluis wrote:
When I connect the board to the USB all leds (14) are switched on by default. All of them in red. I do not think this is normal but I have not found any reference to this in the documentation.

Sounds fine - this was a slight change to later board rev's.
juanluis wrote:
When I try to run the compiled code (run-run configuration) , in the target list it shows XMOS XTAG-3 connected to O[0] [VcVSXw44]. Is this right?
Again, appears fine.
juanluis wrote: when the code is running the XTAG leds flash but the array board does not do anything written in the code compiled. Could you please help me with this?

In addition, in the makefile, I am using XUF216-512-TQ128-C20 which is the microcontroller included in the board. Is this right?
You need to provide more information here - what code are you trying to run? My understanding is that this board is not currently generally available, you should have been given come with the board. Where did you get it from?
juanluis
New User

Post by juanluis »

Thanks for your reply.

I made it work. I was just trying to stream through USB de data captured from the 7 microphones. At the moment the documentation is quite limited for this board, maybe because as you say, it is not generally available. I got it from Futureelectronics supplier.

I used the example code provided in Xmos webiste (USB Audio 2.0 Device Software - source code) compiled using the mic_array_ref.xn file instead of XUF216-512-TQ128-C20.xn. I am currently streaming through USB the waveform of the 7 microphones and capturing the data through LabView platform using the Thesycon drivers.

Best regards,

Juan Luis