lib for print not being linked?

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
MuellerNick
Member++

lib for print not being linked?

Post by MuellerNick »

HI, dummy alert!

I tired for hours to use printstr etc but I fail.

So I opened the example "console.xc" changed the target, compiled it and it works as supposed.
OK, back to my project:
Commented out all I wrote, copy and pasted the souce of console.xc into my main file, compiled and run and it fails. Compared each and every setting of both projects, but couldn't find a difference.
Started console.xe from the command prompt with "xrun --io console.xe" ... works
Started mycrap.xe from the command prompt with "xrun --io mycrap.xe" ... no output!

Now here is what struggles me:
Both xe should be of same size. But console.xe is about 90 k and mycrap.xe just 45 k.
Plus, in xTimeComposer's Project Explorer in Binaries -> mycrap.xe -> mycrap.xc, I see that it doesn't use stdio.h and print.h, but in the console project, they are used.

And I certainly have included both and used calls of print.h (as the source is a copy). I guess libs don't get linked.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Nick

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. Please post your project or at least the working source and non-working source files. Please use the proper format tags if posting source files. Also what is the target CPU or kit?
MuellerNick
Member++

Post by MuellerNick »

Hi!

I'm sorry for the incomplete information.
The day after my initial pos, I got up at 6 o'clock, had a big cup of coffee and a further look at each and every setting and decided to throw it all away and start from scratch. And this cured the problem. Seems I messed up something severely.

Thanks,
Nick
alexawiliams784
New User

Post by alexawiliams784 »

Can You Post Your Project? So That I can Look into it