XMOS recommend the following general guidelines regarding the placement and porting of microphones:
* Microphones should be placed as far away from speakers as possible.
* Microphones should be isolated as much as possible from system vibrations. This may mean mounting microphones on separate PCBs or flex to provide maximum isolation.
* The microphone port should be well sealed to the enclosure to ensure internal product noise and internal speaker energy is not coupled into the microphones.
* Speakers should be acoustically isolated from the chassis to reduce coupling into the microphones.
* The space between the microphone and the external enclosure should be designed to avoid Helmholtz resonance within the band of interest.
The effect of the enclosure should be checked by comparing frequency response of the system with and without the enclosure. A seal test shoud be made (where you compare the frequency response with the microphone ports open with the response when the ports are acoustically sealed) to help understand internal leakages and interferences.
If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Experienced Member
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:08 pm
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests