When bringing up a new board design or during production test the following
error my be returned from xrun: Cannot load image, XCore 0 is not enabled.
This error message means that the XTAG or XTAG2 JTAG debug adapter can
access the JTAG tap on the device, but cannot access the XCore tap on the
There are many reasons why this may be the case including:
1. The JTAG interface to the XCore has been disabled in the OTP security
2. The device is being permanently held in reset by the RST_N signal.
3. No clock is being supplied to the device; or the clock frequency
supplied to the device is unsuitable for the selected PLL multiplier. The
PLL multiplier is set using the MODE pins and should be configured so that
the XCore boots up at or below its maximum frequency. Further details on
the MODE pins can be found in the relevant device datasheet.
4. The VDD Core supply is outside of tolerance (see the device datasheet).
5. The VDD PLL supply is outside of tolerance (see the device datasheet) or
not present, or has a filter with too high a resistor. This will mean that
the PLL is not locked and hence the XCore will be kept in reset.
6. The power supplies have not been correctly sequenced. The VDDIO (and
OTP_VDDIO if present) supply must be within specification (3.0V-3.6V)
before the VDD Core supply is turned on; see the datasheet for details.
7. The device, especially the ground paddle, has not been correctly
soldered to the board. This can either be in the form of not connected
solder joints or shorted solder joints to other pins, ground or power.
If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Experienced Member
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:08 pm
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests