DAC-X7 XMOS XS1-L1

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
Gregzila
New User

DAC-X7 XMOS XS1-L1

Post by Gregzila »

Hello,

We have a question about a xmos products DAC-X7 Fx-Audio With Chip XMOS XS1-L1
I think that the XMOS chip goes to sleep when it no longer receives audio signal, there is no sound for a second while the chip wakes from its sleep mode
Is there way by a firmware flash to cancel this sleep mode?

Thanks in advance

Gregzila
New User

Post by Gregzila »

Hello,

Ok the chips not go to sleep mode
But why i dont have the first second of sound ?
By exemple if i have a sound alert windows i can hear the sound
If i launch sound on foobar2000 the first second i dont hear the music.
Gregzila
New User

Post by Gregzila »

Hello,

I try on 3 PC
1 on windows 10
1 on windows 7
1 on Ubuntu

I try with different drivers Thesycon 4.47 or other driver Microsoft 10.0.17763.1

And I'm not the only one with this problem :
Here :
https://www.xcore.com/viewtopic.php?t=1596
1. If I start to play some audio I have a long delay till I hear the sound. It can last up to 1 second till I hear the sound. I have tried an other DAC (PCM5102 in parallel on the same I2S interface) and there is no delay!
or here :
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fx-audi ... t-14599072
Only bad thing is the delay of signal 1 sec delay, which gets me mad some time.

But there is no answer?
Please help me
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi.

1) Have you attempted to contact the manufacturer of the DAC-X7 Fx-Audio product? What are their comments on this issue?

2) In assisting some other customers and developers of similar hardware, some of these products should not be shipping. Without a doubt the engineers have not done their homework and end customers are swearing at how poor quality the product is or incompatible with the shipped device drivers and worse yet, the product is dead after a few power up cycles. That is pure garbage for an end user experience.

Voice your complaints to the manufacturer and demand your money back if not satisfied.

To further complicate this and most other cases, you are going down a rabbit hole to h*ll with the investigation. Many of these "custom" boxes are invoking a custom boot loader that encrypts the audio IP. Even if you could reflash the firmware, you are stuck to the encrypted firmware that only the original "designer" can support. This is from experience in trying to assist another user of XMOS products who has a pile of defects from supposedly a well known audio company. Reached out to them to assist (no charge) and they would not come on the phone.

My comments...Lump it and continue to sell your garbage!!