XVF3100 evaluation with Audacity Topic is solved

Voice related projects and technical discussions
andy wong

XVF3100 evaluation with Audacity

Post by andy wong »

hello, when I use the XVF3100-C43 with Audacity according to the manual "xCORE VocalFusion Speaker Evaluation Kit Quick Start Guide" https://www.xmos.com/download/private/xCORE-VocalFusion-Speaker-Evaluation-Kit-Quick-Start-Guide%281.2%29.pdf , I found a problem.
As shown in the figure, the extracted voice signal (Audio Track 1) is very noisy when the computer (Audio Track 6) is not playing audio but when the computer (Audio Track 6) plays audio, the extracted voice signal(Audio Track 1) becomes very quiet immediately.

So I have a guess:
Do AEC and BAP not work without an AECREF sample?
problem:
If I'm doing a live conference system, I can not use features such as AEC and BAP when the input signal source is a microphone only?

View Solution
johned
XCore Addict

Post by johned »

Hi Andy,
I do not see that on my C43 board. Please can you confirm what firmware you have loaded.
I would suggest flashing with the 1i6o2_cir43 build and re-testing.
Best regards,
John
andy wong

Post by andy wong »

johned wrote:Hi Andy,
I do not see that on my C43 board. Please can you confirm what firmware you have loaded.
I would suggest flashing with the 1i6o2_cir43 build and re-testing.
Best regards,
John
hi john,
This is not C43 but cir43, I spelled it wrong.
Yes, I am sure i use the 1i6o2_cir43 build my project,also I've tested it many times.
The xCORE VocalFusion™ Speaker : Circular Array kit is my board.
thanks~~
andy wong

Post by andy wong »

I have a new discovery.
This problem is due to the speaker volume level affected.
antonimaco
Member++

Post by antonimaco »

andy wong wrote:
So I have a guess:
Do AEC and BAP not work without an AECREF sample?
problem:
If I'm doing a live conference system, I can not use features such as AEC and BAP when the input signal source is a microphone only?
I have the same question. Is the vocal fusion speaker able to isolate the voice if it has not the embironmental noise as a reference noise signal in the usb. I have tried to do the same test of "xCORE VocalFusion Speaker Evaluation Quick Start Guide Kit" but instead of reproducing the background signal through the xmos device I have reproduced it directly from my laptop and as a result I can not obtain an issolated speech signal.

Best regards.

Antonio
johned
XCore Addict

Post by johned »

How are you sending out the speech that you want to record ?
If you are using the same computer as you are doing the recording then are you sure this signal isn't being sent over the AEC reference channel.

In this image you can see track 2 is the audio recorded from the microphone, which was played from the same laptop as Audacity is doing the play / record. But the important thing is that the native audio interface is set as the default audio device.

Try talking while running the test. I'm sure you will be able to hear your speech in track 1.

Best regards,
John