Is there a low-level Programming Manual ?

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
Brane2
New User

Is there a low-level Programming Manual ?

Post by Brane2 »

I'm looking on xmos.com for something that would explain xCore and infrastructure on lov level- but besides PR stuff and whitepapers can't find anything.

Is there such info or are these xCores meant to be programmed solely through xTIME and high level languages, not assembly ?

Brane2
New User

Post by Brane2 »

@mon2:

I can't access anything through your fourth link.

Everything else deals with xTIME, not chips. There is some short part about assembly, but that deals with assembler directives, not chip's register model, timings, instructions and their features, register and memory models and available adress modes etc etc.
Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Brane2 wrote:@mon2:

I can't access anything through your fourth link.

Everything else deals with xTIME, not chips. There is some short part about assembly, but that deals with assembler directives, not chip's register model, timings, instructions and their features, register and memory models and available adress modes etc etc.

Goto xmos.com

enter the keyword 'assembler' into the search bar located in the top right of the webpage and you should receive many juicy hits. The requested info is scattered all over the website and across assorted documentation. The xTIME guide also offers some insight into the use of assembly programming.

http://www.xcore.com/blog/vinith/post/asm-examples