probem in XC2 kit!!! help

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
jonathan
Respected Member

Post by jonathan »

Folknology wrote:No need of heatsink nassim
Yes, and a radiator might just finish the chip off... ;-)

Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

Folknology wrote:Hey Bianco you have to crack them open first, it gets messy ;-)

No need of heatsink nassim

regards
Al
I used alluminium foil and a regular egg (just a bit of it), but the heat transfer from the chip to the foil is not that great and the foil acts as a heatsink to the air also. Then i spilled egg on my XC-1 and washed it with water. I was too impatient to wait for it to be dried completely and after i powered it up it made some weird pop sounds. After some longer drying it worked fully again :p
segher
XCore Expert

Post by segher »

Folknology wrote:Interestingly Segher claimed with his tools and only 1 core active on the XC1A it ran cooler, but can't vouch for that..
Both my XC-1A, and XC-2, as well as all L devices I have barely get warm when not doing
much on them.

The XC-2 gets pretty hot when running the standard firmware on it (not even connected
to ethernet).

My tools have nothing to do with it for what it's worth; those are just JTAG things, for uploading
code and (low-level) debug/introspection. And I do set the PLLs to 400MHz/100MHz
nowadays ;-)