XK-1A, XC-1A, XS1-G4 - are they being EOL'd?

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
mikronauts
Member++

XK-1A, XC-1A, XS1-G4 - are they being EOL'd?

Post by mikronauts »

Hi,

The new slice kit is nice, but I really liked the XK-1A/XC-1A/XS-G4 having easy to work with 0.1" centered standard headers; I could make daughter cards that would work on all of the XMOS dev boards I have.

Now, I can only find the XK-1A and the SliceKit on the XMOS site.

Are the XC-1A/XS-G4 discontinued?

Will the XK-1A be discontinued?

And most important - will the new dev kits support the old .1" centered connectors?

Right now I get the feeling that the old link and i/o connectors are being dropped; if that is the case, I need to know as I was going to make some modules to those standards.

Bill

Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

All G4-based kits will not be available anymore when stock exhausts at distributors.

The XK-1A will stay available I think.

You can use 0.1" headers on the slicekit too, although it likely has a different pinout.
mikronauts
Member++

Post by mikronauts »

Thanks Bianco.

At least I found now, so I can scratch my plans for marketing add-on boards that would work on multiple XMOS dev boards, before producing PCB's.

Will XMOS guarantee that the slicekit add-on format will stay the same for at least two-three years?

Ie will XMOS commit to not bring out alternate connectors formats every year or two?

If so, I *may* consider making slicekit addons; too bad I invested so much in G4 boards (4x G4's: two XC-1A, two of the Ethernet ones) and three XK-1A's. Not happy at the thought of now having to get two Slicekit boards in case I decide to continue XMOS development. Wifey will be even less pleased...

Bill
Bianco wrote:All G4-based kits will not be available anymore when stock exhausts at distributors.

The XK-1A will stay available I think.

You can use 0.1" headers on the slicekit too, although it likely has a different pinout.