Problem installing XDE in Ubuntu 10.04

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
lilltroll
XCore Expert

Problem installing XDE in Ubuntu 10.04

Post by lilltroll »

After running ./XDE - I see the nice threads picture, and loading a lot of plugins - but then this happens
Xde.png
and thereafter no more happens - idéas !?

PS. It is the first time I try XDE in Linux and Ubuntu 10.04 is an alfa release DS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Probably not the most confused programmer anymore on the XCORE forum.
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Hi Mikael

Take a look at this thread http://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=64

I had similar issues, its to do with XULRunner and the Eclipse initial startup screen on first run.

regards
Al
paul
XCore Addict

Post by paul »

I would really recommend that you don't run the XMOS tools on an alpha release of an OS - this is entirely unsupported... we do have it running on Ubuntu 9.10 - but there are some known issues as discussed on the thread pointed to above.

Cheers,
Paul

On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
shawn
XCore Addict

Post by shawn »

Any support for open solaris X86 . or should I port it, would there be kernel problems.
Also does Oracle own SUN?
lilltroll
XCore Expert

Post by lilltroll »

This help me out:
After some poking about, it seems there's another xulrunner available in the ubuntu repos, just called "xulrunner" and apparently version 1.8.1. With that installed ("sudo apt-get install xulrunner" should do it, or use Synaptic) I can run "xde_bin/xde.exe -vmargs -Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/usr/lib/xulrunner/xulrunner" from the install dir (blah/blah/XMOS/DesktopTools/9.9.1/) and things work normally again.

Now I edited the last line in blah/XMOS/DesktopTools/9.9.1/XDE to look like this (all on one line)(technically next to last line, as last line is blank):
Code:
system("bash -c 'cd $installpath; . SetEnv; xde.exe -vmargs -Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/usr/lib/xulrunner/xulrunner'");
and things seem to be working just fine.
johanar

Post by johanar »

lilltroll wrote:This help me out:
After some poking about, it seems there's another xulrunner available in the ubuntu repos, just called "xulrunner" and apparently version 1.8.1. With that installed ("sudo apt-get install xulrunner" should do it, or use Synaptic) I can run "xde_bin/xde.exe -vmargs -Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/usr/lib/xulrunner/xulrunner" from the install dir (blah/blah/XMOS/DesktopTools/9.9.1/) and things work normally again.

Now I edited the last line in blah/XMOS/DesktopTools/9.9.1/XDE to look like this (all on one line)(technically next to last line, as last line is blank):
Code:
system("bash -c 'cd $installpath; . SetEnv; xde.exe -vmargs -Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/usr/lib/xulrunner/xulrunner'");
and things seem to be working just fine.
I also tried that, but then none of the buttons in the dialogs/wizards worked anymore. Are they fine for you? (for example if you create a new XC project and want to press the Next-button)
lilltroll
XCore Expert

Post by lilltroll »

At least I manage to create a new project, write code with #include <math.h> using double float, compile it, run it in the simulator, and see the correct result of the sine operation in the console, check the dis. in XTA and run a analyse for main() in XTA. I did it the same way as I do in in Windows - meaning clicking on different shortcuts-icons instead of using the menues when possible.

I have not succeded to install the drivers yet. I tried to manipulate the /etc/fstab
with

none/proc/bus/usbusbfsdefaults,devmode=066600
none/dev/bus/usbusbfsdefaults,devmode=066600

but Ubuntu didn't like that during startup.
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Make sure you have spaces in the right places:

Code: Select all

none_/proc/bus/usb_usbfs_defaults,devmode=0666_0_0
none_/dev/bus/usb_usbfs_defaults,devmode=0666_0_0
I have used underscores to show the spaces
shawn
XCore Addict

Post by shawn »

I am going try it on Redhat5.
I know XDE runs under 4.6., has anyone tried 5.
I'll know this weekend when I do installs.

Can anyone recommend a good supervisor?
lilltroll
XCore Expert

Post by lilltroll »

Sorry something removed the _ then not using Code option

Code: Select all

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# Use 'blkid -o value -s UUID' to print the universally unique identifier
# for a device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name
# devices that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
# <file system> <mount point>   <type>  <options>       <dump>  <pass>
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
# / was on /dev/sda5 during installation
UUID=9cb474bc-a69d-4d01-a741-55da2245994a /               ext4    errors=remount-ro 0       1
# swap was on /dev/sda6 during installation
UUID=a3653473-d3f7-44ef-850d-12638d547dd9 none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/scd0       /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0       0
none /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults,devmode=0666 0 0
none /dev/bus/usb usbfs defaults,devmode=0666 0 0