sliceKIT is here!

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

Thanks, Al. I'm using Windows.

When I drag it, it looks as though it's going to be incorporated in one of the other applications in xTIMEcomposer, but disappears when I release the button. It should really create a new application in xTIMEcomposer, shouldn't it?

I'll raise a support ticket.

Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Oh no I don't think it works that way for a new project. If you drag a softip module on the project frame in an existing project it adds that module. To do what you are trying to do, switch to the softip perspective and drag it into the main (centre window) after adding the modules you can then tell it to create a project from that. If you follow the basic tutorial (included in the IDE under the help menu, not the one on the Xmos website) it actually gets you to go through this that's the only reason I know.

regards
Al
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

Thanks, Al.

I tried that and it worked OK.

Leon
Berni
Respected Member

Post by Berni »

Because the slice kit just came out i thought it would be a good idea to do a sort or review of it.

You can read it here: http://bernilabs.wordpress.com/2012/10/31/45/
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Nice comprehensive review Berni.

regards
Al
Berni
Respected Member

Post by Berni »

Glad you liked it. I should probably post it as a separate thread tho since nobody really reads 5 pages in to a thread unless they have been flowing along.
Ali
Member++

Post by Ali »

Hi Berni,

thanks for the great writeup!

Ali
DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

I've been following the sliceKIT since the original discussion and I'm very pleased to see it is finally here! I'd love to give it a try - It seems the new software tools integrate nicely and based on the feedback in this thread I'm pretty excited by it. :)
ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

Nice review ! I am so ordering one of these kits!
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

leon_heller wrote:My sliceKIT has now been delivered. Unfortunately, the power supply was supplied with the wrong UK pins - they don't fit it. The other two sets of pins are OK, though (French and US, I think), they slide on without any problems. I phoned XMOS and they are sorting it out. I might have a suitable supply I can use until the correct pins get sent.
I just received the replacement PS, made by V-Infinity. The original was made by PowerPax UK. It looks as though whoever packed the kit mixed up the pins from two different makes of supply, providing the V-Infinity UK pins with the PowerPax UK supply.