sliceKIT is here!

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Hi Dan
dan wrote:Great stuff! You might want to post the port maps for review - at least for these first projects. There is a file called 'ref_pinout.rst' in the hw_slicekit_system repo which is useful to quickly knock up a Slice Card portmap in a standard format.

Glad to hear that sliceKIT is providing inspiration.

- Dan
I was just looking at updating the slices I am working on and took a look at ref_pinout.rst with a view to copying and changing for my slices. Unfortunately although they enumerate the systems pins they do not enumerate the general pins, perhaps you have a more up to date version with the missing table which you can supply, I can then update my documentation for these projects.

regards
Al

segher
XCore Expert

Post by segher »

You can always use the schematics... And hope they are accurate,
of course ;-)
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

segher wrote:You can always use the schematics... And hope they are accurate,
of course ;-)
Yeah I am just being lazy (its documentation!) I wanted to copy and paste it with just my changes ;-)
dan
Experienced Member

Post by dan »

Folknology wrote:Hi Dan

I was just looking at updating the slices I am working on and took a look at ref_pinout.rst with a view to copying and changing for my slices. Unfortunately although they enumerate the systems pins they do not enumerate the general pins, perhaps you have a more up to date version with the missing table which you can supply, I can then update my documentation for these projects.

regards
Al
Hey Al,

By system pins you mean the chip pins (e.g. X0D0) I presume?
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Yeah the IO pins but also in the sort of style you use with the GPIO slice show here but in an rst format.

The ref_pinout you provide has a heading for the other pins but no table as if its been forgotten!

It is also much easier to read in your GPIO Slice example table because each slice is associated with a tile (Tiangle + star tile[0], Square + Circle tile[1]) thus the port short forms (tile-less) provide a nice compact view in the table.

*Note Using the PCIe numbering Ax/Bx is not useful in this context it conveys very little information to the slice user, unlike a schematic or someone designing a slice.

regards
Al
TSC
Experienced Member

Post by TSC »

Just received my SliceKit Starter.

One slight issue. The mains to 12 V supply does not come with an Australasian plug adaptor. I had to take the US one and twist the prongs 45 degrees.

The old XC-2 kit's supply however, did come with an Australasian adaptor.
Berni
Respected Member

Post by Berni »

Thats strange, i got an Australian plug with mine.

Heres a photo from my review on the slicekit:
http://bernilabs.files.wordpress.com/20 ... 0_5036.jpg
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

They seem to be having problems with the power supplies - mine came with the wrong UK adapter. XMOS will replace your supply if you contact them directly.

I thought that I might be able to let you have my original supply (CUI), but the wrong Australian adapter was supplied, as well. They have been supplying two different makes of supply, and seem to have mixed up some of the adapters. If you can use this adapter, I'll put it in the post to you:

http://www.leonheller.com/images/Adapter1.jpg

http://www.leonheller.com/images/Adapter2.jpg

http://www.cui.com/Product/Power/Ac-Dc_ ... ies/EMS-AU
Last edited by leon_heller on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

Leon, that adapter would work in Argentina !. There, it is known as a 3-prong (that would be the 2-prong version of the 3) LeGrand plug.
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

If TSC doesn't want it, perhaps someone in Argentina can use it.

I've just noticed that the contacts are smaller than on the adapter I'm using. Perhaps it was made for a lower current supply.