XMOS as base for an AVB endpoint

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
chris
New User

Post by chris »

Hi, I have the hardware and the AVB binaries, they work. Does anybody know where I can get the source code for the AVB reference implementation. I could not find it on the xmos page. I also would like to control the AVB basically. ... setting the channel via a socket. To start with it, I would need the sources...

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

You could get the AVB source code form XMOS under a NBA license. After you signed the license XMOS will release the source to your XMOS account download possibilities.

A management protocol isn't finished yet by the IEEE, so there isn't a XMOS implementation to configure the endpoints (there maybe will in the future).
You are looking for solution like Cobranet with Cobranet manager I suppose?

http://www.cobranetmanager.com
http://www.cobranet.info/

errordeveloper

Post by errordeveloper »

"Advanced Control and Monitoring Protocol" is one of my current projects

atm i am writing a command set

the resource style is taken from OSC

i use "command /node/path/object argument" approach

i have defined most of the command ..just need to finish the document,
hopefully in couple of weeks it will be ready :)
AntOFF
New User

Post by AntOFF »

For control and monitoring protocols I would like to seperate two methods:

- Client/server; this is normally used for configuration and management.

- Multi master; this is normally used for realtime control.

There are already nice solutions within the Client/server model; most used in network equipment is SNMP. Ofcourse OSC can be a solution and is possibly better humanreadable because of the 'string/path-structure'... SNMP is easier readable for CPUs because the number structure.

Multi master is a type of control protocol is used for realtime control. For example to connect knobs/faders with audio functions like in mixing consoles (with multiple fader panels). An example is MambaNet (www.mambanet.org)

But most important will be there is a standard how to manage/configure a AVB device and hopefully also how to realtime control a AVB device.

BEBDigitalAudio
Experienced Member

Post by BEBDigitalAudio »

For the control, I suggest that you use RTP-MIDI. A full RTP-MIDI client runs over a single thread (another threadbeing needed for the xtcp server). There are RTP-MIDI drivers available both on Mac and Windows platforms, and you could write your control control as a VST plugin or independent application.

Just a quick question by the way : what are the analog modules that you used on your prototype? Are these custom modules or something that you got from a supplier ?