how to implement 2 usb function?

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
TonyXiao

how to implement 2 usb function?

Postby TonyXiao » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:03 am

Hi all

is there some examples on implemention 2 usb function?
i have one usb example on XE216-512-TQ128, for there is any 1 usb phy on this chip,
and when i immigrate this firmware to XU232, if i define all of the 2 usb phy, it report compile error such as below:
<core_decls>: Error: Type of symbol `usb_tile' has mismatch with previous definition:
found: `tileref usb_tile[2]' in file `<core_decls>'
previous: `tileref usb_tile' in file `../libsrc/XUD_Manager.xc'

having no idea how to solve it, i just make a compromision to only define one usb phy, then it works.
but now 2 usb are inneed, i have to define all the usb phy on XN file.
and have to solve the error.
maybe should change some library ? any suggestion are appreciated.

BR, Tony
TonyXiao

Postby TonyXiao » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:09 am

Hi all

i got some improvement, now i can implement usb function on my system XU232 and XU208 through xlink.
but i can not enable the 2 usb function at the same time. i am trying to make a copy of all the function, but failed on the copy of XUD_Manager(), because there are no such real code in the XUD library. at the same time i can not define 2 usb tile throuth -DUSB_TILE=tile[1] in the makefile.

and i meet another problem, on define usb ports both on xu232 tile and xu208 tile in the xn file, only the xu208 usb function works,but if i want usb function on xu232 i have to commit usb ports definition on xu208, why? if i can not make definition on both chip files, it is possible to implement 2 usb function at the same time?

some guys advise me using lib_xud to implement the other usb, for trying couple of days, still do not find the way, have anyone got some experience on it?

BR, Tony