xCONNECT on new XCore-XA chip

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
atena

xCONNECT on new XCore-XA chip

Post by atena »

Hi guys,

I have already some experience working with xCONNECT technology and bringing together different topologies of XMOS chips trough it.
I am trying now to connect the new XA chip over xCONNECT together to an L16, unsuccessfully so far. I figured out a platform file that makes sense for me and compiles but it fails when booting the application: xrun: First stage multi-node boot failed, please check XN file and Xmos link connectivity. I included attached such platform file in a txt file.

When I try to connect two XA chips, xTimeComposer says that this topology is just not possible for the moment.

Did anyone try to use xCONNECT on XA? Can you observe any error on my platform file? Do you have any idea how to buid up a platform file for such new topology?

Thanks a lot on advance!
Best:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

srinie
XCore Addict

Post by srinie »

Hi,
Did the JTAG boot chain recognize and list the L8+L16 chaining successfully when you try to run "xrun -l"?

- Two XA chip topology is unsupported since the L8 core boots from the ARM boot. More information about boot is available @
https://www.xmos.com/support/appnotes/AN00144

I too would like to give a try on using xA and L16; I would post my experiment results once I ve tried this.
Thanks.
atena

Post by atena »

Hi srinie, thanks for your answer.
Did the JTAG boot chain recognize and list the L8+L16 chaining successfully when you try to run "xrun -l"?
Indeed, [0:2] tiles were recognized, so JTAG chain was fine.
- Two XA chip topology is unsupported since the L8 core boots from the ARM boot. More information about boot is available @https://www.xmos.com/support/appnotes/AN00144
Got it. Thanks.
I too would like to give a try on using xA and L16; I would post my experiment results once I ve tried this.
It would be nice to see your outcome.

Best,
:)