lib_usb v3 not compiling ?

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
SpacedCowboy
Experienced Member

lib_usb v3 not compiling ?

Post by SpacedCowboy »

I haven't seen anyone else post about this, so maybe it's something on my end, but I currently can't compile the version 3 of lib_usb for my XCore-200 explorer kit.

The Makefile target is set to "xCORE-200 Explorer Kit", but on build, all I see is:
10:50:59 **** Build of configuration Default for project usbtest ****
xmake CONFIG=Default all
Checking build modules
Using build modules: lib_usb(3.0.0) lib_logging(2.0.0) lib_xassert(2.0.0) lib_gpio(1.0.0)
Analyzing XUD_GetDone.c
Analyzing XUD_SetCrcTableAddr.c
Analyzing XUD_User.c
Analyzing debug_printf.c
Analyzing usbtest.xc
Analyzing device_reboot.xc
Analyzing usb_device.xc
Analyzing dfu.xc
Analyzing dfu_flash.xc
Analyzing endpoint0.xc
Analyzing XUD_EpFunctions.xc
Analyzing XUD_Ports.xc
Analyzing XUD_Client.xc
Analyzing XUD_DeviceAttach.xc
/Users/simon/src/xmos-usb3/lib_usb/xudlib/XUD_DeviceAttach.xc:139:2: warning: cannot poll for vbus on ARCH_G
#warning cannot poll for vbus on ARCH_G
^
Analyzing XUD_IOLoopCall.xc
Analyzing XUD_Manager.xc
/Users/simon/src/xmos-usb3/lib_usb/xudlib/XUD_Manager.xc:11:2: error: "Must set define XUD_SERIES_SUPPORT to XUD_L_SERIES, XUD_U_SERIES or XUD_X200_SERIES"
#error "Must set define XUD_SERIES_SUPPORT to XUD_L_SERIES, XUD_U_SERIES or XUD_X200_SERIES"
^
xmake[1]: *** [.build/_l_usb/xudlib//XUD_Manager.xc.pca.xml] Error 1
xmake: *** [analyze] Error 2
I didn't have this issue with the v2.0.0 of the library. Anyone any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

I did try going through the messages, fixing things as I went, then rebuilding etc. Eventually it told me it couldn't find a file that it had seemingly generated... Presumably it's not this hard to get the library to compile...

Cheers
Simon

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi Simon. Have not confirm the compilation locally but please review the following parameter setting which appears to be missing from the raised error code:

#error "Must set define XUD_SERIES_SUPPORT to XUD_L_SERIES, XUD_U_SERIES or XUD_X200_SERIES"

so found this in the user manual for the lib_usb v3.0 (see attachment).

please add the noted parameter XUD_X200_SERIES into your makefile for your XCORE-200 target board.

-XUD_SERIES_SUPPORT=XUD_X200_SERIES

save then try again.

Reference:
https://www.xmos.com/published/lib_usb- ... ion=latest
page 11
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
larry
Respected Member

Post by larry »

As mon2 pointed out, XUD_SERIES_SUPPORT needs to be defined in the top level Makefile for your application (see any of the examples under lib_usb/examples)
SpacedCowboy
Experienced Member

Post by SpacedCowboy »

Thanks all :) I knew it must have been something stupid I'd missed...

Simon