Problems with xTimeComposer

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
krishnabalan
Member++

Post by krishnabalan »

Looks like all the problems boil down to permissions. Because if you go to properties of your xTIMEcomposer (shortcut) icon, you can find that it points to xtimecomposericon.bat file located in your xTIMEcomposer installation folder. The batch file just sets up the different paths required for xTIMEcomposer by calling SetEnv.bat, it also checks the version of Java installed in your system and eventually calls the xtimecomposer.exe to run and nothing more.

If xTIMEcomposer is building the other example and how-to projects correctly then the issue would be something to do with the project.

Suggestion:
You can delete the .cproject and .project files from your application and use "File->New->xTIMEcomposer Project Based on Existing Application or Module" option to create a fresh project our of your application source files and try to build it.

If the suggestion doesn't work, please share your project zip so that we can take a deep look at it.

Cheers,

Krishna

xuhx

Post by xuhx »

So far as the build process goes, there's no problem I can find related to permissions; the right permissions are set for the user account using xTC on all folders. So far as installation goes, there are issues with xmap.exe being identified as a virus and other antivirus-related install issues - everything install related *seems* to have been fixed (so far) by keeping av off during install and adding the various xmos paths to av exclusion lists.

Also it's not anything to do with the .?project files - I get exactly the same problem stripping them all out and running xmake from the xTC command prompt (and exactly the same success building if I put those missing folders in place manually).

Further investigation currently shows module_flash [sc_flash] is causing problems, possibly affecting whether certain preprocessor tasks are run or not for everything compiled after module_flash. I've just sent an example project to Xmos with further comments; I'll report back on here with anything useful as-and-when.
xuhx

Post by xuhx »

Brief update: It's been accepted as a bug and I'm told someone's looking into it. There's been no further comment yet, though. The best I've been able to come up with was getting the sc_flash library built elsewhere and modifying the project to build against the prebuilt library. If other people find this thread with similar issues, right now that's as much as I can suggest; check if an added module is affecting the build process, and if so, see if you can build just that (or get it built elsewhere) and link against the prebuilt library instead.
xuhx

Post by xuhx »

... and last update, I guess. I've been told:
"The fixes will be implemented only in the future tools releases [...]"
So we'll see what they come up with, as and when, and whether it actually fixes things. In the meantime, 'best I can suggest is to try things mentioned here and in similar threads, and post on the board / submit a ticket if nothing works.