Adding Entity Model Descriptors

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
holdend
New User

Adding Entity Model Descriptors

Post by holdend »

While working with the AN00202 i2s AVB demo code, I  tried to add a simple mute control point to their audio unit.

The things that I did were:

1. Add a control descriptor for mute right below the identify descriptor (aem_descriptors.h.in)

2. Added this control descriptor to the aem_descriptor_list[] at the bottom of aem_descriptors.h.in

3. Added the mute desciptor index to aem_control_indices enumeration in avb_conf.h

4. Put get and set control value callback handling in main.xc.

5. Change the Audio Unit descriptor to include 1 control point (at index 1, since identify is index 0)

For some reason, when discovering the entity over an AVB network, the mute descirptor doesnt show up under the audio unit. Is there something that I am missing when adding control descriptors? Thanks

lutrey

Post by lutrey »

Hi,

I work with the XS1-L16 (XR-AVB-LC-BRD) and with the x200 (xCore-200 MC Audio board).

I have the same problem with adding entity model descriptors, but only on the xCore-200. With the XS1 it works. But the same configurations of the aem_descriptors.h.in doesn’t work with the xCore-200.

The test program I build works on the XS1 and on the xCore-200, too. The only Problem are the Entity Model Descriptors with the x200.

Have anyone an idea?