XMOS AVB 4 Ethernet support

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
henry640330
New User

XMOS AVB 4 Ethernet support

Post by henry640330 »

I want to use XP-SKC-L2 core board to connect 4 XA-SK-E100 Ethernet cards to do redundancy daisy chain verification. But current firmware only supports 2 Ethernet cards. Does anybody have firmware to support 4 Ethernet cards, or can somebody provide an idea for how to revise 2 Ethernet cards firmware to 4 Ethernet ?

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Here is an idea...

a) source another XP-SKC-L2 (confirm if you need another XTAG tool - ie. one for each SliceKit ??) and daisy chain like follows:

b) continue to use the first group of 2 ethernet boards on the 1st XP-SKC-L2 board

c) dock the 2 additional ethernet slice boards onto the 2nd XP-SKC-L2 core board and use the existing IP to manage these additional ethernet slice boards

e) then focus on the smaller IP to stitch the 2 XP-SKC-L2 boards together for your redundancy task
henry640330
New User

Post by henry640330 »

Thanks for the info.

I did what you suggested. But when I connected 2nd XP-SKC-L2 core board to 1st one, Ethernet ports on 1st core board don't work as well. If I disconnected 2nd core board, these 2 ports work again. Do I have to change firmware when I connect 2 core boards together ?

Also, I noticed core board has totally 4 extension slot. 2 of them can be used for Ethernet ports, the other 2 can't. Can I change the firmware to make one core board to support 4 Ethernet cards ?
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

The XN file needs to be modified to support the chained topology.

We have not yet experimented with the daisy chaining of the SliceKits but believe the requested details are posted here:

https://github.com/xcore/hw_slicekit_sy ... _chaintest
* example on how to mate 2 SliceKits with the required modified XN file

Recommend for you to test the supplied example code as-is to be sure the SliceKits are communicating with each other.

The CPUs on each board will communicate with others using the high speed XLINKS interface. Moving forward, if you plan to create a custom board with multiple CPUs, then do review the related documentation on XLINKS and the possible need to use LVDS transceivers (for longer PCB traces) between such interconnected components.

https://www.xmos.com/download/private/X ... 2.0%29.pdf
henry301128
New User

Post by henry301128 »

Hi, Mon2,

Thank you for the info. I am now able to get 4 Ethernet ports work.

One more question. How can you capture 61883 packets with Wireshark, or which tool do you use to capture 61883 packet ?

I can capture PTP, MAAP, IEEE1722 packets. But when I use ieee1722.subtype == 0(61883 packet per ieee1722) Wireshark filter, I didn't see any packet displayed, even if I transferred audio data in network.