Wish list for a breadboard xCORE kit

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
rklingler

Wish list for a breadboard xCORE kit

Post by rklingler »

I've read here that people would like to have a small xCORE development board in a form factor like Basic Stamp and the like....

As I'm in close contact with Farnell, the preferred reseller of XMOS, I would like to get your feedback and opinions what features/options and the like you would like to see....

I'm not that familiar yet with xCORE devices...but I'm a fast learner....but besides that I'm an experienced hardware/software developer who even helped out Analog Devices to correct their fecked up bootloaders of their Blackfin devices (o;

teachop

Post by teachop »

Cool. Similar to the Teensy 3.x physical concept. Keep the USB programming on-board along with a flash chip like the startKIT. Break out the I/O on single row pins, keep on 0.1" centers both ways. Run from 3V or 5V from the pins, or from USB 5V whenever available.

Make a version with the XA! Looking forward to working with the combination of ARM and xCORE on the same micro!
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

I would like to see a 'NanoKit' which is basically a Startkit without the led matrix and sliders in a breadboard/stamp form factor:

1) Built in USB debugger tile (identical to startkit) XS1-U16A-128 based
2) Horizontal slice socket (or PCIe footprint) pinout as StartKit/ALT/Diamond, release a few 1bit ports?
3) Micro USB connector, ability to override debugger with usb firmware.
4) All none slice pins connected to single row 0.1" pin headers
5) Jumper for ADC trigger to allow another port choice (and disabling)
6) Remove button, sliders and LEDs apart from 1 on ADC trigger (which can be isolated via jumper mentioned above)
7) Exposed XTAG pins to enable reprogramming and (3)

Something like this:

Code: Select all

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x +
{]=  USB                                  =| S | 
 xx  X                                    =| L | 
 xx  T                                    =| I |
 xx  A                                  O  | C |
 xx  G                                    =| E |
 xx                                       =|   |
    x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x +
PS it would probably be cheaper to manufacture than a StartKit for Xmos and software wise it would be near identical to StartKit. It would be to Xmos what the Nano is to Arduino and Mbed is to ARM

regards
Al