Problem with xScope

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
Mahagon
Member++

Problem with xScope

Post by Mahagon »

Hello all, it's me again.

Following situation:
I'm working on a relatively great Project the last months and i ported it to the XS1 architecture (with a XK-1A board). Now, after having the basics of the project running, i just want to clean it up. That just means sorting by folders and so on... that other people of my company can compare it with the existing organisation, you know :) Even that task was a bit scarry with xTIMEcomposer ;) But i got it working now.

The remaining problem are the following linking errors from xscope:

Code: Select all

xscope_api_xlink_pred.S: Error: Undefined reference to '__sodEnd' (using xScope without specifying -fxscope?)
xscope_api_xlink.c: Error: Undefined reference to '__sodFlag' (using xScope without specifying -fxscope?)
Notice:
- Of course -fxscope is set in the makefile! in debug and release! Elsewise i wouldn't ask here :)
- The program compiled and worked completely fine before sorting (also the scope redirection over the XOLC link on the board)
- funny: actually the source files, that are really using scope, were'nt moved at all :-O (they are still in the original project folder)
- when i remove my scope_data_preds from the code, the project compiles completely (so it works at all, thats what i want to admit)

I have no other idea at the moment, than asking here ... I initialized scope with:

Code: Select all

void xscope_user_init(void) {
	xscope_register(2,
	    XSCOPE_CONTINUOUS, "First",  XSCOPE_INT, "Value 1",
	    XSCOPE_CONTINUOUS, "Second", XSCOPE_INT, "Value 2");
    xscope_config_io(XSCOPE_IO_BASIC);
}
Looking forward for any suggestions :)

Greetings,
Mahagon

Mahagon
Member++

Post by Mahagon »

Well, as i see no one has an answer :-D After nearly 12hours of racking my brain, my last idea was to install Studio 13 beta ... and there it is ... it worked instantly. So i'm quiet happy now, that the mistake was not on my side. I really started to put my skills into question ...

But i still cant exactly figure out, why that linker error occured. I read the changelog of studio 13... maybe the reason is something like:
* xTIMEcomposer project include directories are now synchronised on build
? I'm not sure. Maybe now someone has an idea. But anyway, it works now.

Greetings