application using module_xud

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
pasau
Experienced Member

application using module_xud

Post by pasau »

I have a few problems with the XUD module; i read a couple of threads about it with the classic issue of
Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'CDT Builder' on project 'module_xud'.
java.lang.NullPointerException

I think this error is related to USBv6.1 software and how the XUD module is linked to it, but in any case it's not causing a problem compiling the USBv6.1 apps themselves.

I am trying to make my own app using module_xud from xSoftIp and this is where i have problems. I tried the following:
-Importing the module into my workspace. I get an error saying that usb_tile is undefined, and i would rather not have to change all my tile[0] stuff for usb_tile, not that i think it would work.
-Copying the source file into a new module, but i get other errors like undefined reference to xud_manager. I noticed that module_xud is not a CDT project. (what does CDT stand for?)

sethu_jangala
XCore Expert

Post by sethu_jangala »

This is a known issues with the 6.1 version of the USB Audio Reference Design Firmware. This happens only when you try to build all the applications in a single go. You should be able to build the applications individually without any issues. This happens due to corruption of settings in the .cprojects file of the project. This will be fixed in the next release.

Sethu.
trimboone

Post by trimboone »

Hi Sethu,

I'm seeing this behaviour on the latest release pulled down via xsoftip yesterday, was this ever fixed?

I also cannot build the module_xud project on it's own, as I get the CDT null pointer exception instantly.

Thanks