tools version 13 custom xn platform error

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
pasau
Experienced Member

tools version 13 custom xn platform error

Post by pasau »

hi, i have a problem trying to build a design for a custom .xn platform, which builds perfectly with the exact same setup in version 12. The build is just a test build that declares a main and does absolutely nothing

Code: Select all

Creating testproj_Debug.xe
Assertion failed: isNetworkRoutable(linkMap), file Z:\buildslave\swnb\tools\win764_nightly_ent13\build\sb\infr_libs_cpp\XNLoader\XNLoader.cpp, line 4026
xmake[1]: *** [bin/Debug/testproj_Debug.xe] Error 1
xmake: *** [bin/Debug/testproj_Debug.xe] Error 2
It seems the rules that apply to xn files are not the same from version 12 to version 13
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by pasau on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

pasau
Experienced Member

Post by pasau »

weird thing is that it works by either completely removing node 1 (on which the adc service is) and every link associated to it. OR by removing nodes 2 and 3, which have the 2 tiles from the slicekit. But it doesnt work with everything.
sethu_jangala
XCore Expert

Post by sethu_jangala »

Looks like an issue with the tool. I will forward the issue to our tools team and will update you once I have any information.

Sethu.
pasau
Experienced Member

Post by pasau »

thanks!!
richard
Respected Member

Post by richard »

This is clearly a bug in the tools, sorry. We are looking look into it, but in the meantime you can workaround the issue by specifying the network routing manually. I've added routing information to your XN and attached it - hopefully this will allow you to make progress.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pasau
Experienced Member

Post by pasau »

oh an example of how to make a routing table, ill make sure to look into that too! keep up the good work guys!