Problems with Synth interface in module AVB audio

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
pierrelelievre

Problems with Synth interface in module AVB audio

Post by pierrelelievre »

Hi we're trying to generate à tone using the synth in the AVB reference design, for testing purposes. Any help would be appreciated, How could we set-up the Synth interface to use it instead of the I2Smaster.
Thanks in advance

pierrelelievre

Post by pierrelelievre »

Alright,I realize that might be way too much of a general question. So here's what I did, maybe someone knows what I might have done wrong.
1. Remove the I2S thread.
2 Initialyse a channel in the main for the clock control
3 call the synth in the same thread I2s was with the same parameters as the I2S was using, putting a period of 24 sample, calculated thad way(1/2000Hz)=0.0005sec *48000=24
so trying to get a 2kHz tone
4 added a argument to the media clock server to receive the clock control
5 calling the clk_ctl_set_rate in the media clock server thread, taking that chanend in argument that we created, we've put 32 in the word lenght argument, but really unsure about that one.

So I do see the leds flicker, when connecting to low-cost AVB board face to face, so there's data transfer but no sound.
What we did notice in debug is that the synth don't semm to go in the "push sample" loop, and the variable ACTIVE_FIFO seem to stay at zero, but I'm never too sure if I'm using the debugger right.

That's about all I can think of, I might not be the strongest programmer, and I would agree that I would need to analyse the code much more, but you never know maybe someone knows a Quick fix, or symply something simple that I'm just not getting for now.
Thanks!