weird xrun behavior in xTC

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
pasau
Experienced Member

weird xrun behavior in xTC

Post by pasau »

Hi there, i am currently chaining the djkit xp-skc-su1 and the slicekit-l2. I have a avb app running on the slicekit, while the usb tile from the djkit does his usb thing. I modified the avb app to input synthesized beeps to media fifos for the avb network, since i am not doing I2S with my slicekit. The problem here is about the xrun command. When i run directly on the command line, no problem, i get sound on a remote AVB endpoint. Then when i run from xTC, i get this:

Code: Select all

PTP Role: Master
DISCONNECTING Listener sink #0 -> Talker stream 22970043560000, DA: 91:E0:F0:0:69:9
Is there some xrun flags that xTC uses that i need to remove and how?

Note: i get the same error if i enable the --xscope flag in command line. So i made sure the xscope tab was set to disable.

infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

Redirect of print/printf to the console either happens via JTAG (slow, and breaks real-time behaviour of all cores on the tile) or xCOPE (fast, and is minimally intrusive - about 20 cycles max in the current core only).
How xrun listens is governed by --io or --xscope on the command line. Note that selecting xscope will automatically enable listening on JTAG too.

In the GUI, these are selected using JTAG or XSCOPE (see attached). Setting what xrun listens to shouldn't affect the runtime behaviour of your code... have you got xscope enabled in your source OK? (It might be picking up JTAG prints).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pasau
Experienced Member

Post by pasau »

well, i chose either option even Raw, i can't seem to be able to disable prints in the IDE thats weird. Also, is there a directive to enable prints only on a specific tiles and disable all others? That would be very good for debugging.
pasau
Experienced Member

Post by pasau »

actually, it seems the debug_print library is perfect for that. Is there a way to disable all other prints? I would rather not have to seek through the whole application to remove them manually.