Problem compiling simple project on only one machine

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
hybridalienrob

Problem compiling simple project on only one machine

Post by hybridalienrob »

I've just created a simple project in xTIME composer (13.2) and am getting the following error

xmake CONFIG=Debug all
C:/Program Files (x86)/XMOS/xTIMEcomposer/Community_13.2.0/build/xcommon/module_xcommon/build/Makefile.common:24: Files (x86)/XMOS/xTIMEcomposer/Community_13.2.0/build/xcommon/module_xcommon/build/../build/Makefile.file_handling: No such file or directory
xmake: *** No rule to make target `Files (x86)/XMOS/xTIMEcomposer/Community_13.2.0/build/xcommon/module_xcommon/build/../build/Makefile.file_handling'. Stop.

It appears to be a problem with the make system not handling spaces in names - no rule to make target 'Files.

The same project compiles fine on another machine. Could xTime be conflicting with a version of make that I have installed ?

If i do make --version in a command window, I get ..
C:\Users\Rob>make --version
GNU Make 3.81
Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for i686-pc-mingw32

larry
Respected Member

Post by larry »

Spaces in paths are normally handled gracefully by the build. Could you post details about your project files or steps to recreate it?
hybridalienrob

Post by hybridalienrob »

It happens on any project even the community projects e.g "Noughts and crosses" in the start kit examples folder.

**** Build of configuration Default for project app_noughts_and_crosses ****

xmake all
C:/Program Files (x86)/XMOS/xTIMEcomposer/Community_13.2.0/build/xcommon/module_xcommon/build/Makefile.common:24: Files (x86)/XMOS/xTIMEcomposer/Community_13.2.0/build/xcommon/module_xcommon/build/../build/Makefile.file_handling: No such file or directory
xmake: *** No rule to make target `Files (x86)/XMOS/xTIMEcomposer/Community_13.2.0/build/xcommon/module_xcommon/build/../build/Makefile.file_handling'. Stop.
hybridalienrob

Post by hybridalienrob »

For anyone else who has had this problem - our XMOS FAE has just solved this for me by suggesting to uninstall the xTimecomposer tools and re-install them to C:\XMOS rather than C:\Program Files(x86)\XMOS

Although the standard install path works fine on other win7 x64 machines, for some reason my main desktop must have something else installed which makes xTime fail to build.

It's works fine now when installed to C:\XMOS\