XML1

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.

What do you think?

Awesome!
20%
I'm Interested in buying one
40%
Too expensive
13%
Needs work
27%
Too little features
No votes

Total votes: 15
bsmithyman
Experienced Member

Post by bsmithyman »

I just wanted to say that I really like that you've moved the 3V3 power regulation circuitry off-board. This works a lot better for integrating things, especially considering that the L-series devices can't handle 5V. Having to work around the 5V requirement of the XK-1 in a 3V3 system is frustrating (though brilliant in an evaluation board, don't get me wrong). I could definitely see picking up a couple when they're done. Any idea of the maximum current requirements with this design?
Nice work!

Cheers,
Brendan

rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

Hey,
Thanks!
The board draws less than 150ma, but I have not had a chance to do extensive testing.
ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

It is great to hear that it works !!! Well done !
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

The new version that fixes the flash routing has been made. It also has a SMD header on top, that allows core JTAG functionality when the board is soldered to a baseboard. The Breakout now has a 5 to 3v3 regulator, so it can run off of the computer. I plan on adding some basic baseboards to this order, like a servo control board.

Eagle files of all three boards:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

Ravi,

Any updates on this? I'd love to get hold of one of these boards. I'm not somebody with lots of XMOS experience, but the platform is exciting and any development kits would be cool to investigate! Don't worry, I've got the XC-1A and XK-1A to play with for the moment, but your XML1 board was always something that captured my interest. So, how is this going? Did you ever decide to get a batch of PCB produced? Is the board working now?

Hope it's all going well! :)
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

I have actually been waiting for some funding, but hopefully, i will get it done. :)
I still havn't tested the proto, so time could be very short, or very long. I also kind of thought that the XMOS Stamp design basically made this obsolete.
franksanderdo
Experienced Member

Post by franksanderdo »

Hi rp181,

The Stamp might be competition, as soon i is available ;)
So far you are a step ahead :D

I like the design and started already thinking if and ho I can use it :P

See you around
Frank
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

Can someone point me to the STAMP thread?
DanB
Experienced Member

Post by DanB »

rp181 wrote:Can someone point me to the STAMP thread?
This thread?

40pin DIP Module Using XS1-L1-48