Writing a plugin for `xsim`.

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
errordeveloper

Post by errordeveloper »

MaxFlashrom wrote:

I don't know if this helps, but it's possible to install the 32-bit libraries on x64 Linux with

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs 
(or equivalent for RedHat)

This enables any tools that were linked with 32-bit libraries to work. It seemed from the comments that the latest version was supposedly all 64-bit, but your tests seem to confirm otherwise. I'll check my x64 Ubuntu with XMOS 11.2.2 tools setup.

Max.
I do have 32-bit compatibility libs, however it doesn't provide me with version Python that would be able to
load 32-bit libraries. I am using Gentoo and the Xmos tools work fine, though as I said, there is an issue with
`pyxsim` specifically. Does the `ia32-libs` on Debian/Ubuntu provide 32-bit Python also?

MaxFlashrom
Experienced Member

Post by MaxFlashrom »

errordeveloper wrote:
I do have 32-bit compatibility libs, however it doesn't provide me with version Python that would be able to
load 32-bit libraries. I am using Gentoo and the Xmos tools work fine, though as I said, there is an issue with
`pyxsim` specifically. Does the `ia32-libs` on Debian/Ubuntu provide 32-bit Python also?
I don't think the ia32libs Debian/Ubuntu package includes a 32-bit Python. One would have to just install a 32-bit Python package, too, I imagine. Gentoo has a different package management system whic I'm not familiar with.
In any case there seems to have been a mix-up on the XMOS tools download page with the 64-bit only package being inadvertantly swapped wih the mixed 32/64-bit one. This has now been corrected. I assume that if everything was pure 64-bit your problem would go away anyway? Try the now correctly labelled 64-bit one.

This has now been corrected. See https://xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1500

Regards Max.
errordeveloper

Post by errordeveloper »

MaxFlashrom wrote: I don't think the ia32libs Debian/Ubuntu package includes a 32-bit Python. One would have to just install a 32-bit Python package, too, I imagine. Gentoo has a different package management system whic I'm not familiar with.
In any case there seems to have been a mix-up on the XMOS tools download page with the 64-bit only package being inadvertantly swapped wih the mixed 32/64-bit one. This has now been corrected. I assume that if everything was pure 64-bit your problem would go away anyway? Try the now correctly labelled 64-bit one.

This has now been corrected. See https://xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1500

Regards Max.
I have noticed that it was a mixed build, though I thought that it had been intended that way.

I have just checked it now and it looks like there still a few file of type ELF32, however
everything in `lib/` and `bin/` is purely 64-bit, thanks!

Code: Select all

> find | xargs file | grep ELF | tr -s ' ' | cut -d':' -f2 | sort | uniq -c
      4  ELF 32-bit LSB relocatable, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped
      2  ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped
     16  ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.4.0, not stripped
      1  ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.4, not stripped
     12  ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped
      1  ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, stripped
The 32-bit objects are located in `./target/lib/xs1b/`, which is what you would expect :)