xMOS LC Boards with DSP4you switch setup

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
csandeep

xMOS LC Boards with DSP4you switch setup

Post by csandeep »

Hi,

I have been trying to setup two xmos AVB boards with DSP4You Switch. But I don't see any 1722.1 packets going on between two. From the posts, I read that DSP4you switch can act as AVB endpoint too. Please let me know how to configure AVB switch and any additional configurations on xMOS boards.

Thanks for the help.

Sandeep

infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

I have been trying to setup two xmos AVB boards with DSP4You Switch. But I don't see any 1722.1 packets going on between two.
You'll need a 1722.1 controller in your system to discover, enumerate and connect endpoints. You can use the very good avdecc command line (http://www.audioscience.com/internet/do ... html/html/), a mac running a recent OSX version or a 1722.1 GUI controller of your choice (Reidel..Pivitec..UMAN etc.)

The alternative is to enable the built in demo controller http://www.xcore.com/questions/2961/xmos-avb-lc-demo which will do a basic back-to-back connection between two endpoints with XMOS vendor IDs..
From the posts, I read that DSP4you switch can act as AVB endpoint too. Please let me know how to configure AVB switch and any additional configurations on xMOS boards.
I don't think you can configure the DSP4you switch (no management interface that I have found). It does come up as an endpoint (called default) but I don't think it is actually capable of streaming in the firmware, so just ignore it if manually setting up connections.
damarco

Post by damarco »

The problem is when this switch is that there is no documentation. Everything closed code. The switch bassiert on a Marvell chip that has two AVB endpoints. The code, however faulty the switch crashes when connecting the endpoints.

Especially since the switch leaks sometimes. There are some configuration scripte on the decives. Access to the console is obtained via Telnet or RS232 115200 / s, 8N1, Flow Control Off.

swcfg -atushow 0 0 Display the Address Table
swcfg -vtushow 0 0 Vlan status
msrp_client -c dump Displays the status of all streams
/etc/app/showmactable.sh address table with priority

The assignment of the GPIO ports I do not know well. Only that you can generate a 8KHZ from the PTP clock at pin 11.

greetings Marco
infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

Hi Marco,
thanks very much for this info - that's really helpful. I will have a play with that. I know others will find is useful too.

Yes - having closed source code for the switch can be a bit of an issue.. It's really helpful to be able to do in circuit source level debugging with these complex systems.

Regards,
Infinite