XMOS 200 SPDIF Documentation

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
lokesh327
Member++

XMOS 200 SPDIF Documentation

Post by lokesh327 »

Hi,

Is there any info available regarding how to use or configure SPDIF on XMOS 200 baord.

Thanks
Lokesh

infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

It's documented as part of the USB reference design and not a separate lib_spdif library currently.

What are you trying to do? Rx/Tx? The example programs in https://github.com/xcore/sc_spdif may provide a starting point...
lokesh327
Member++

Post by lokesh327 »

HI,

I am trying to use spdif on XCORE 200 board to receive multi channel data and create AVB frames over Ethernet.

I try to startup with line-in and now looking to extend it.

Thanks
Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

lib_spdif doesn't seem to be been release yet, so your best option is the old module_spdif which has documents and examples: https://github.com/xcore/sc_spdif
lokesh327
Member++

Post by lokesh327 »

Hi,
Thanks for support.

I am trying to use the SPDIF module to integrate with XCore 200. For the initial implementation, I am trying to use the SPDIF RX mode to read audio data and stream over ethernet.

I have following questions,
  • The SPDIF port RX is on tile 1
    • Can we use the tx port on tile 0 to read audio samples
  • Since all the threads and clocks on tile 1 are occupied by ethernet module section (implemented the same code from AN00202_gige_avb_i2s_demo application).
Thanks
Lokesh
lokesh327
Member++

Post by lokesh327 »

Hi,

I try to use the spdif configuring spdif tx pin for spdif rx.

I try to check how the audio samples are received in i2s module.

I noticed that the spdif module starts and after few seconds stops sending data on i2s.

I try to run the code in debug mode, where the streaming chan is waiting for data from spdif rx thread, while spdif thread runs parallelly without any break.

did any one face the similar issue.

Thanks
Lokesh