XVS project start

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
wibauxl

XVS project start

Post by wibauxl »

I just added the XVS http://www.xcore.com/projects/xvs-xcore-viewing-system to the list of projects.

For those of you wondering what the green board is, I attach the pcb image here:

J2 connects the screen in 4096 colors mode (4 bits per R, G, B)
J3 to an SPI touchscreen decoder (AR1020)
J6 and J7 to a double 2MS/s ADC (AD7266)
J8 to a camera (TCM8320MD) using specification electrical values
J9 to a camera (TCM8320MD) using within limit electrical values

The left part of the board is a step up converter based on the MC34063.
Note that the 2 camera boards have been detached for later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andy
Respected Member

Post by Andy »

Very cool! I too thought of XMOS as a good option for driving the PSP displays from Sparkfun, eBay etc but never got around to it.

Some SRAM would be a nice addition but would probably require one of the bigger chips for more pins.
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

Very nice project :)

Are you planning on selling the PCB's? I'm sure there would be a few people interested.
wibauxl

Post by wibauxl »

TonyD wrote:Very nice project :)
Thanks Tony!
TonyD wrote:Are you planning on selling the PCB's? I'm sure there would be a few people interested.
Not at this point, as :
1- It is not fully tested yet. Screen is OK, ADC and camera are untested: you can not sell unproven hardware, can you! :P
2- I want to build a low cost stamp (stackable and usb updatable) based on the L2 (whenever it comes out), and make "arduino type shields for it", the XVS would be such a "shield".
XS1-L2-Stamp.png
3- I want to add the possibility to use both the NHD from digikey (including touchscreen for 49$) =current revision of the PCB and the low cost PSP screen (no touchscreen) to this future shield.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TonyD
XCore Addict

Post by TonyD »

wibauxl wrote:...
2- I want to build a low cost stamp (stackable and usb updatable) based on the L2 (whenever it comes out), and make "arduino type shields for it", the XVS would be such a "shield".
An L2 based XStamp would be a great addition to the range of Xmos dev boards.

I know Omer has been working his XS1-L1 64 Stamp, Al has been working on the specs for his Amino board and I've been working away on my XArduino. So with your L2 board I think we will have a nice selection of boards to play with :)

I like the idea of the PSP LCD shield for the Xmos chips.

I'm was planning on using this LCD in my next project, but the PSP LCD looks great so I might use that instead.