XC-2 kit app tcpip firmware 1v3

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
Wouter

XC-2 kit app tcpip firmware 1v3

Post by Wouter »

Dear reader,

I have downloaded the xmos_tcpip_1v3 software package. After I imported it to XDE I thought let's built and run. But this was not the case. :oops:

I get the following error:

Code: Select all

../xmos_tcpip_1v3/module_xtcp.1v3/src/xtcp_apps/mdns/mdns.c:21:25: error: xtcp_client.h: 

No such file or directory
xmake: *** [xmos_tcpip_1v3/module_xtcp.1v3/src/xtcp_apps/mdns/mdns.o] Error 1 
But the xtcp_client.h file does exist in his default folder

Code: Select all

module_xtcp.1v3/src/xtcp
I'm using the XC-2 platform. I thought that the makefiles created the error but I can't find anything.

Thanks,

larry
Respected Member

Post by larry »

Hi Wouter

This has been tested with 9.9.2 tools and is working ok (using the "Existing Projects into Workspace" function of XDE). If you still think there is a problem with the tools, please submit a support ticket via www.xmos.com/support
Wouter

Post by Wouter »

I have used the import a archive file from the XDE menu. That is where the problems came up because you need an exsisting project to load in into. (I read this way of working in one of the header files)

It is solved now. I used also the exsisting workspace import function.
Wouter

Post by Wouter »

I have another question. With the AVB code I still run on stack overflow errors. How is the available stack size determined? Because it is never the same for a core... :?:
Woody
XCore Addict

Post by Woody »

Wouter wrote:How is the available stack size determined? Because it is never the same for a core... :?:
There is 64Kbytes of memory per core. Some of this is used for the code that you run on the core, some is allocated to global variables, and the rest is available for the stack.

availableStack = 64K - codeSize - globalDataSize