DNS problems with "www.xcore.com"

Non-technical related questions should go here.
dsteinwe
XCore Addict

DNS problems with "www.xcore.com"

Post by dsteinwe »

Hi,

a friend of mine had pointed out to me, that the host of the forum "www.xcore.com" is not resolvable from many DNS servers. I was surprised about his observation and had therefore tried a variety of public DNS servers. None of my tested DNS servers could resolve the url. I tested following public dns servers with the command "dig @<dnsserver> www.xcore.com" :
  • dns2.digitalcourage.de
  • fdns1.dismail.de
  • dnsforge.de

rcalhoun

Post by rcalhoun »

I've been having the same issue with both xcore.com and xmos.com domains. I started working with the XK-USB-MIC-UF216 dev board at the end of last week (its own pile of problems) and every single URL in the documentation failed to load. Sometimes I could find xmos.com-referenced files at xmos.ai, but this forum doesn't seem to be replicated anywhere.

As of this morning (2020-09-21), both domains seem to work again.
migueljds
Experienced Member

Post by migueljds »

Yeah, sorry for the issues. Last week we switched DNS provider and what should have been a seamless transaction with zero downtime, turned out to drop our nameservers with half the DNS resolvers around the world and our registrar who was the source of the problem couldn't figure out why or how to fix it, so we had to move our domain to a different registrar, which finally completed this past Sunday evening, so we should now be back up and running as normal now. Sorry for any inconvenience.
dsteinwe
XCore Addict

Post by dsteinwe »

@migueljds: Thanks for your response. I can confirm, it works fine, again. Perfect!
reinhartf
New User

Post by reinhartf »

@migueljds: Thanks for the update, however I am in South Africa and looks like the DNS servers here are pointing to www.xmos.ai which leads to timeout on most of the links. This is also a problem for xTimeComposer which cannot connect to www.xmos.com. Just thought I let you know.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

@reinhartf, facing the same issue on a new box in the lab.

How did you fix this? Is it working for you now?

Unable to fetch the example code through the toolchain.

Thanks.
migueljds
Experienced Member

Post by migueljds »

@reinhartf could you try again now please, I suspect that it may be a result of flooding to our server
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

@miguel, while other example projects can now be imported, facing issues with all XCORE-XA examples.

xtime_xa.png
(56.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
xtime_xa.png
(56.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
migueljds
Experienced Member

Post by migueljds »

Ah, that's because the XCORE-XA stuff has been discontinued and no longer supported, Actually those examples shouldn't even be shown in the ximecomposer anymore. Only what's on the https://www.xmos.ai/application-notes/ page should be shown in the xtimecomposer, because only those listed on the website are downloadable. I'll have a look at why the list in xtimecomposer is not updated and make sure that the examples listed in xtimecomposer are the same as what's on the website.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Well noted. May I ask which is the last version of the toolchain that supported the XCORE-XA kit?