Winows 10, x64, with running AN00136, it showed the device driver is not installed code 28

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
ciphertext

Winows 10, x64, with running AN00136, it showed the device driver is not installed code 28

Post by ciphertext »

Dears,
Nowadays, I was learning USB bulk with using example AN00136 on xCore200.
Now, the deice manager shows "the device driver is not installed code 28" when the xCore200 connects to laptop with USB cable.
I think the USB driver on laptop is not stalled correctly. My laptop is based on windows 10, x64.

Is there any drivers I can use to correct this problem?
Or anything else I ignored?

Thanks

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Validate the same concept using the XMOS supplied USB Mouse HID IP. This is a HIGH SPEED USB 2.0 IP that will create a mouse using the native native HID driver found on most operating systems that support USB.

The mouse pointer will then move in a square / rectangular pattern till stopped. Does that work for you?
RitchRock
XCore Addict

Post by RitchRock »

Did you try the recommendation in section B.2 Windows driver:
On Windows you require a custom driver to support the vendor specific USB device. This is provided in the driver directory within the Win32 directory. When starting the device for the first time you will need to point Windows at this directory when it requests a driver to install for the device.
ciphertext

Post by ciphertext »

Thank you all.
I've found a tool to generate windows driver & the USB sample can run successfully.