lib_mic_array @ 192kHz on XCORE AI Explorer Topic is solved

Discussions relating to the XK-EVK-XU316
alex4d1
Member++
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon May 13, 2024 11:38 pm

Post by alex4d1 »

Ok here is my final configuration:

Mic array lib needed to be adjusted as follows
- designed custom filter design (2 stage decimator filter) to generate 96kHz output
- in defaults_filter.h changed STAGE2_DEC_FACTOR to 1 and STAGE2_TAP_COUNT to 96 (or whatever tab size the new filter has)
- replaced coefficients/right_shift_t in stage1_fir_coef.c and stage2_fir_coef.c

Audio MUX example needed to be adjusted:
- samples_to_host_stream_buf size needed to be adjusted from 2.5x to 5x
- in app_conf.h changed appconfAUDIO_PIPELINE_SAMPLE_RATE to 96000 (optional: disabled appconfI2S_OUTPUT as I didn't need it).
- in platform_conf.h changed appconfPIPELINE_AUDIO_SAMPLE_RATE to 96000
- in XCORE-AI-EXPLORER.cmake changed MIC_ARRAY_CONFIG_SAMPLES_PER_FRAME to 40
- in tusb_config.h changed TUSB memory alignment to 8 (not sure if its needed but its the right thing to do)

Win11 adjustment:
- Windows would cut off anything above 12kHz. This was the driver misbehaving, after some tinkering I got everything to work.

I will tackle 192kHz at a later point in time, as it will be a little more involved.

Thanks
Alex
View Solution