Couple quick questions on Windows Support for USB Audio

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
bearcat
Respected Member

Couple quick questions on Windows Support for USB Audio

Post by bearcat »

Can someone tell me what windows versions are supported for the latest Thesycon driver? I have only personally loaded in WinXP. I know the development driver is not signed, therefore I believe you cannot install it on Vista / Win7. If signed does it work? Is the production driver ready for Win7 or Vista?

Just saw that CEntrance has been added for a driver. It appears to support Vista / Win7. Does it provide the USB2.0 Audio standard (iso-sychronous operation) for XMOS? Can you use the "Free" version for development on the XMOS firmware? Does it support the USB Audio MC only, or can it do the original USB Audio also (or be modified for channel counts, no midi, etc)?

Thanks for any replies.

Vocals

Post by Vocals »

CEntrance offers a totally free driver called the CEntrance Universal Driver, which now supports the XMOS 2-channel EVM. The driver is available for free download right here:

http://centrance.com/downloads/ud/

The CEntrance Universal Driver is a USB 2.0 Audio class-compliant driver for Windows and it is fully tested with Windows 7, Vista, and XP. It supports automatic 64->32-bit conversion for older ASIO hosts, includes an easy installer, and offers many other nice features, such as a built-in co-installer. Support interfaces include ASIO, WDM, GSIF, WinMM, DirectSound, and MIDI.

CEntrance drivers are on 5th generation code base. They feature the industry's lowest latency, high stability and have included support for dozens of interfaces for years. Interested manufacturers can inquire about licensing a customized version of the driver by sending email to: "info {at} centrance {dot} com". CEntrance plans to always have the latest driver available at its website.

Michael Goodman
CEntrance, Inc.
bearcat
Respected Member

Post by bearcat »

Thanks for the reply Vocals. I will give the CEntrance driver a workout this week. Very glad to see there are more options available and thanks to XMOS for making this happen.
paul
XCore Addict

Post by paul »

The Thesycon driver supports all platforms - XP, Vista and 7.

Hope that helps!
Paul

On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
russ

Post by russ »

bearcat,

You may also be interested to know about "Windows 7 test mode". This lets you install unsigned drivers on Windows 7 for test/development purposes.

Russ
bearcat
Respected Member

Post by bearcat »

Vocals, how do I get the version of the CEntrance driver that supports XMOS? Do I have to contact CEntrance?

The free download at the link posted above doesn't work with the XMOS reference kit. I double checked the INF and no XMOS listed there, after it failed a couple times.