The new PCB Design's with buffered XTAG2 pins.

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
lilltroll
XCore Expert

The new PCB Design's with buffered XTAG2 pins.

Post by lilltroll »

Back on the XDE 9.2 version and the old design of the XTAG2 and/or the USB-Audio card, many people had problems with the XTAG2 connection, specially running in debug mode.

Now, we have the 10.4.2 version and a new rev. of the cards.

My question is, did this solve the earlier issues, and do you need the newer HW rev. as well (buffers) to make a stable connection?

Probably not the most confused programmer anymore on the XCORE forum.
bearcat
Respected Member

Post by bearcat »

At least in my case, the problems are all but gone since I changed to a different USB controller in the PC.

I still get a failure to load maybe once every 50 times, which is ok to me. I simply press the debug again and it launches. It is very rare I have to pull the XTAG2. I have added buffers to my XTAG2 and seems to work similarly well with them or without them.
lilltroll
XCore Expert

Post by lilltroll »

bearcat wrote:At least in my case, the problems are all but gone since I changed to a different USB controller in the PC.
Another port or another controller chip ?

What about the Intel® X58 Express Chipset ? (E.g. Intel Core i7 1366)

I know people had problem using an external USB-HUB, also using the USB 1.1 port on an older motherboard with mixed USB2.0/USB1.X ports.
Probably not the most confused programmer anymore on the XCORE forum.
bearcat
Respected Member

Post by bearcat »

In my case it had to be another controller, not another port on the same chip. I purchased a cheap Via based USB2 card. Works with it. A Syba SD-VIA5U.

My computer is aged now and is an older Intel based USB (875P based) that did not work.