Recompiling mplayer

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
jsmaia

Recompiling mplayer

Post by jsmaia »

Hi all,
I recompiled the mplayer version with comes in led-reference-design-9_10_0 to send 1024 pixels in each packet to drive a 32x32 rgb pixels board I built. Now, when I play a video file and capture the UDP packets with Wireshark there´s a lot of checksum errors. Is the 3072 data bytes in each packet too many info to be sent in a 100Mbps network? I only changed the #define PIXELS_PER_PACKET to 1024. The computer running mplayer is a 4 core Athlon 2600 GHz - W7 64bits - 4 GB ram.
Thank you all for any help to solve this problem.
Best regards,
Maia

paul
XCore Addict

Post by paul »

100Mbps ethernet has a restriction of 1500 bytes. This is called the MTU - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit

This is probably the most likely cause of it breaking.
Paul

On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
jsmaia

Post by jsmaia »

Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Maia
ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

IS not there a way to enable "jumbo" frames... those are up to 8 or 9 kbytes. Scratch that... you need Gigabit Ethernet for that :(