USB Audio on USB3.0 Problem

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
bearcat
Respected Member

USB Audio on USB3.0 Problem

Post by bearcat »

Has anyone used the USB Audio with a USB3.0 port? Neither my prototype nor the Audio Reference design works. It enumerates. Looks ok. But when you start streaming it doesn't work. I know it's not going to run at 3.0 speed, but it should enumerate as a USB2.0 device. I have not looked to see what it does.

Haven't done too much because it has a tendacy to blue screen my computer, not every time. Blue screens are unwanted trouble. Seen an XMOS project get corrupted and had to use a backup once. I have not installed V2 firmware in the reference yet, so not sure if that firmware is different.

Same computer different USB port (2.0) both work ok.

lilltroll
XCore Expert

Post by lilltroll »

Have you contacted the manufacture of the driver ? (THESYCON?)
Can you see in the crash-report which process that crashes?
Probably not the most confused programmer anymore on the XCORE forum.
bearcat
Respected Member

Post by bearcat »

I haven't looked at any logs yet. I did not want to take any more chances to corrupt my development machine with blue screens. Not sure if it's possible to debug via a VM and not blue screen the host????

No I haven't put in a ticket with XMOS or talked to Thesycon yet. I will if nobody else responds in a timely mannor.
proengin

Post by proengin »

3.02 is out and this would sort out the Windows problem.
lilltroll
XCore Expert

Post by lilltroll »

Mmm, small fixes each day - someone is responding to the feedback :)
Probably not the most confused programmer anymore on the XCORE forum.
bearcat
Respected Member

Post by bearcat »

3.02 great. Will download. No changes for USB3 that are listed in the change log.

Actually, there is a revised "XMOS USB System Requirements Guide.pdf" document that discusses USB3.0. It appears there will be no support for this in the near future.

Edited: Reviewed 3.02 download and updated comments.