XMOS Announces New Advisory Board Which Includes Veterans fr

All the latest news and announcements from XCore and XMOS.
jason
XCore Expert

XMOS Announces New Advisory Board Which Includes Veterans fr

Post by jason »

XMOS®, developer of the industry’s first 32-bit real-time, event-driven microcontroller announces the formation of an industry advisory board. The new board will provide XMOS with valuable business and technical guidance from some of the semiconductor industry’s most experienced and successful members.
Their interest in XMOS speaks of the potential for the products to redefine the way the next generation of embedded systems are designed.
Joining the XMOS advisory board are Richard Bahr, Professor Stephen Furber, John Hodgson, Dr. Lucio Lanza, Sir Robin Saxby and Dr. Ivan Edward Sutherland.
We couldn’t ask for a better, more experienced set of industry veterans to act as our advisors,” said Terry Leeder, XMOS president and CEO. “Their interest in XMOS speaks of the potential for the products to redefine the way the next generation of embedded systems are designed.
Learn more here...

Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Some interesting names there!

Hey but what's with the "event-driven microcontroller" bit, I get the event driven but "microcontroller" are you sure?

regards
Al
Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

Folknology wrote:Some interesting names there!

Hey but what's with the "event-driven microcontroller" bit, I get the event driven but "microcontroller" are you sure?

regards
Al
The boundaries between microprocessor and microcontroller aren't always clear. I think XMOS can be considered a microcontroller since it can boot without external devices (OTP) and has onchip memory and peripherals (ports).
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Sure you could say its considered one, but do you want to label/charecterise the XS1 as a "microcontroller"

To me the XS1 = microprocessor/FPGA/DSP/ASIC/supercomputer and the term "microcontroller" seems a little underwhelming.

regards
Al