Anyone wanna join? customize software

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
franksanderdo
Experienced Member

Post by franksanderdo »

Hi Paul,

thanks for quick checking.
If so it must be some trouble either with my Safari or the network here in Saudi.
Sorry to bother :?

Back to the Project 8-)
as more as I read about the kinekt and the fact that there is a library already available to use it for non XBox applications I would suggest we start from there. The fun part of that:
The depth structure can be almost 1:1 used to show it in a led cube.

This brings me back to the hardware issue there:
Does any body have a suggestion about dimensions?
As I have some trouble to get parts here in Saudi I have to order them and pick them up when I am next time in Germany.
But there for I need to know what I need ;)

See you around
Frank

phalt
Respected Member

Post by phalt »

It's okay - you got me panicking on my first day on the job (properly) that the site was messed up, so thanks for keeping me on my toes!

Regarding the project - I heard the kinect development kit was being released soon by Microsoft, or it has already, so that may be helpful to look at.

Of course - there are plenty of hacks on the 'net already :)
xhacktly

Post by xhacktly »

phalt wrote:It's okay - you got me panicking on my first day on the job (properly) that the site was messed up, so thanks for keeping me on my toes!

Regarding the project - I heard the kinect development kit was being released soon by Microsoft, or it has already, so that may be helpful to look at.

Of course - there are plenty of hacks on the 'net already :)
Hey;) cool that u like the idea :P

i'm atm in a galaxy far far away, and with a Internet connection so bad that i wanna commit "Seppuku" -.-

anyways soon i will travel back to my base up north..:)

i found some hacks that might set the the fantasy on fire:

http://www.kinectable.net/index.php?start=36

-X
franksanderdo
Experienced Member

Post by franksanderdo »

Hi Folks,

the kinect stuff is interesting. Even though I am looking for our own solution I believe this is a good start.
Only issue I have at the moment is:
We have to produce some USB Host code for the XCore.

Leaves us open with the Cube dimensions :D

See you around
Frank
xhacktly

Post by xhacktly »

Last edited by xhacktly on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
franksanderdo
Experienced Member

Post by franksanderdo »

Hi and Hello,

I as well have some progress :D

I got on june 6 my XC1A and the XK1A. Means I have started working my self (and the boards) through the tutorials to get a feeling.

In parallel I have ordered some USB Material from FTDI just o have easier implementation of USB Host.

I will have a look on the material tonight and if possible will try to get a kinect during the next days.
The bad/good news: I am jobles from end of june on. So after some moving I have to do I will have some time to work on it :lol:

See you around
Frank
xhacktly

Post by xhacktly »

franksanderdo wrote:Hi and Hello,

I as well have some progress :D

I got on june 6 my XC1A and the XK1A. Means I have started working my self (and the boards) through the tutorials to get a feeling.

In parallel I have ordered some USB Material from FTDI just o have easier implementation of USB Host.

I will have a look on the material tonight and if possible will try to get a kinect during the next days.
The bad/good news: I am jobles from end of june on. So after some moving I have to do I will have some time to work on it :lol:

See you around
Frank
hi, wow cool to hear;) yes i think thins project soon is going out of "Project Proposals".

-x
Skeksis

Post by Skeksis »

Hey guys,

I'm really interested in helping out, those LED matrices look fantastic! I have a couple of Arduino MEGAs & an XC-1A to play with. I'm stronger on the Arduino by far but am learning quickly on the old Xmos, having an interesting project to get stuck into will definitely spur me on with learning so I'd like to help where I can.

Skeksis
"Time is an illusion. Lunch-time doubly so." - Douglas Adams
franksanderdo
Experienced Member

Post by franksanderdo »

Hi Skeksis,

welcome on board.
Just 2 warnings:
1. We are a little crazy :mrgreen:
2. I did not touch on uC the last 20 years, so call me beginner ;)

see you around
Frank
xhacktly

Post by xhacktly »

Skeksis wrote:Hey guys,

I'm really interested in helping out, those LED matrices look fantastic! I have a couple of Arduino MEGAs & an XC-1A to play with. I'm stronger on the Arduino by far but am learning quickly on the old Xmos, having an interesting project to get stuck into will definitely spur me on with learning so I'd like to help where I can.

Skeksis

hey nice!! yes awesome! keep joining guys;) arduino or Xmos does not matter for me;)

like frank says ! WARNING ! we are a bit crazy, yay! and we don't have all the skillz in the world:P
i'm still a wild noob and a beginner with arduino and xmos, and serve more skillz in the 50v to 1000v class lol , but does it matters? i love electronicks and computing, and i'm willing to learn, and my ideas are often not limited like other nerds that knows everything:P

i have never been "primus motor" for a project before with code and everything on github and wiki's etc... so if someone wanna(and have the skillz) to take the lead of this project from here, "so please do";) or if there is no one, so please tell me how to lead this project the way forward.

And keep posting:D