Libraries distribution

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
octal
XCore Addict

Libraries distribution

Post by octal »

Hello,
On GCC based compilers (LLVM or/and old GCC), we always have the possibility to distribute pre-compiled libraries as *.lib files that the user can include (vi include files) and link to his final program.
Does this still apply to the XC compiler?
are there any restrictions on passing data by ref or on functions returning multiple values?

paul
XCore Addict

Post by paul »

There aren't any limitations, it is quite possible to compile object code and package it into a library file using the usual ar (or xar if in windows) and then have other people compile it into their code etc.
Paul

On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

Thanks Paul,
I'm about to finish a commercial product, a full graphics C library that works on almost any C compiler for microcontroller, actually tested on AVR, PIC18/24/33/32, STM32, ARM (tested on LPC2148).
I'm porting this lib to XMOS devices. The lib will be desserved with some nice tools like GLCD Font Creator (http://www.pocketmt.com) and an Image Editor (all tools are being rewritten in QT/C++ and tested under Win, MAC OS/X and Linux).

I tought to make a special edition of this lib fully free for XMOS users, but not in source form. Source codes will be provided only for commercially licensed users. This is why I'm asking about *.lib distribution.