A little help with XC1A?

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
os6mx

A little help with XC1A?

Post by os6mx »

Well i have recently started working with the XC1A kit, and i'm kind of... stuck

i can't make use of the clock leds, the button leds are not a problem, but when i try to use the clock leds is when things are starting to fail.

my code is something like this:

// initialize ports and assign them to variables
on stdcore [0] : out port clkled0 = PORT_CLOCKLED_0;
// the same for the others, 1, 2 and 3

then i use par {} when i'm tring to use the varaibles, and two other variables for red and green

but when i try to send a value to the port (clkled0 <: VALUE) results in nothing at all or leds i, ii, and iii always on, no matter what value i send

could any one point me in the right direction, what do i need to do?, i hope you can help me!!

os6mx

Post by os6mx »

Hi,
Well I have managed to find a solution for the Clock led problem, but I was wondering if anyone knew how can I make something like the getch or sleep function, so I can use it with my code?

Thanks in advance, I Hope someone could help me.
ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

For sleep you can use a timer (they are based on 16-bit counters), see the documentation.
And for getch I think you can use the UART routines... you have some of those IO functions in stdio, provided via newlib. I haven't used them myself, though.