Obsolete XC-2

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
ahenshaw
Experienced Member

Obsolete XC-2

Post by ahenshaw »

We've just received notice from Digi-Key that the XC-2 Ethernet kit will be obsolete soon. Does anybody know of a similar form factor replacement that is available or in the works? We've been using them in a space-constrained project and the SliceKit wouldn't be suitable.

jarnot
Member++

Post by jarnot »

I have exactly the same issue. A compact card with a lower power chip would be nice, as would few more I/O pins. If you take a look at the http://www.xmos.com/resources/xkits you will see that the XK1, XC-1A, XC-1, XC-2, XC-3, XC-5, and even the XK-XMP-64, are listed as 'Older Boards'. The only compact board left is the simple XK1-A, which I have used. It is nice and cheap, but I really need the compact form factor with an Ethernet connection for almost all of my applications.
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

I am currently embarking on a new Ethernet version of my flexible compact (< half creditcard size) prototyping designs which may (or may not) be useful to yourselves. My plans involve a 2 tile L and/or U series (TBD); are 2 tiles enough for your applications? do you have any special IO requirements (number of IOs etc) or other special needs?

Please let me know

regards
Al
ahenshaw
Experienced Member

Post by ahenshaw »

We're currently using about 20 I/O pins and 4 tiles. However, I suspect that we could get by with 2 tiles with a bit of refactoring.
jarnot
Member++

Post by jarnot »

2 tiles are fine for almost all of my applications. The more I/O the better. A complete tile's worth would be great -- half, or more, of my applications would be fine with 20 I/O however. Any size similar to, or smaller than, an XC-2 would be good. I would prefer the kind of I/O arrangement that takes headers like the XC-2 so that I can plug it into a motherboard, and it would be nice if the motherboard connectors could provide power to the board.