Problem Flashing Program to Slicekit

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
jbaran

Problem Flashing Program to Slicekit

Post by jbaran »

I have a program that I have been working on for a while to run on the slicekit board, and I have been using the "run" command to run the program on the slicekit and debugging with a signal generator and scope. Now I want to flash the program to the slicekit board so I can install the board where I want it for my project. The problem is each time I try to flash it to the slicekit I get an error:

"Error: failed to recognise attached flash device.
Error: F03034 Failed to fully run flash inquisitor.
Error: F03034 By default xflash will try to connect to a target in order to determine
Error: F03034 which flash device is being used even when outputting only to file. To
Error: F03034 prevent this connection supply the --noinq option."

What am I doing wrong? Is it not as simple as just hitting flash to store it in permanent memory?

Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

Hi,

https://www.xmos.com/download/public/sl ... visory.pdf

This might be your issue?

Kind regards,

Bianco
jbaran

Post by jbaran »

Yeah I had seen that advisory before, and have had problems using the ports on the star slot. I made a project with the .src that was supposed to re-enable flashing and then hit "run" to run it on the board. That is all I would need to do for that to work right? Then I would flash the actual program that I want on the board by hitting flash while selecting that project?

So when you "run" a program it stores in on SDRAM on the slicekit core board. When you flash a program it uses SPI to flash to the first tile and then xlink to flash to subsequent tiles? The slicekit does have some sort of EEPROM to actually flash to right? I don't have to add any other memory chips that other people are talking about on here? I think that is when they make their own boards and are not using the dev kits?

Thanks for the help!
jbaran

Post by jbaran »

Update. Bad board!? I did the same procedure on a new slicekit core board and I finally got to see xflash do its thing. Now I'm up and running. Thanks for trying to help.
colinbroad

Post by colinbroad »

I have exactly the same problem, I managed to flash the memory once but never again!