XC-3 tftp uploaded firmware not booted

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
jan

XC-3 tftp uploaded firmware not booted

Post by jan »

Hi All!
Some days before I received new XC-3 controller cards that I'm going to use as debugging tool. I build my first tool in 2010 and now need to build some more. The tools firmware is based on the led-tile kit firmware of 2010 (version 9.6.1) and was build using XDE 9.9.1.

I took the new XC-3s and updated their firmware with the old .xb file using tftp. The update when through but my firmware is just not booted. I hooked up Wireshark and captured the network traffic while repeating the update a few times. The number in the string of the acknowledgement of the initial request indicates that the firmware is written to different sectors of the flash. In my understanding this indicates, that the checksum is ok - from the applications perspective - and that the flash itself is written.

I also tried to rebuild my application using XDE 11.11.1 and uploaded that but that gave the same result.

What I do not understand is why the bootloader is not booting my firmware. I repeated the upload more then four times so that I expect all images to be overwritten but the bootloader still does not boot it. Why is he preferring the OTP image (I guess thats what I'm seeing) over mine? Can anyone explain me whats going wrong?

Best regards
Jan