XHRA-2HPA-TQ64

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
ast8346

XHRA-2HPA-TQ64

Post by ast8346 »

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding new chip XHRA-2HPA-TQ64
http://www.xmos.com/products/silicon/xcore-audio/hires

From datasheet, it looks like the device comes already programmed and does not even require a flash memory to operate. Those a great news, but I would like to clarify a few things:

1. Can this device operate in slave mode?

2. Can the code on this device be changed and how? For example, the device has SPDIF, I2S, I2C, DSD already there, but I would like to add optical\coax I\Os into a few free GPIO it has. Can I do that?

3. I see no usual debugging pins on this device. How do I debug it if I want\need to?

Cheers

krishnabalan
Member++

Post by krishnabalan »

Hi,
ast8346 wrote: From datasheet, it looks like the device comes already programmed and does not even require a flash memory to operate. Those a great news, but I would like to clarify a few things:
The datasheet says that the device requires an external Quad SPI flash memory for its operation. That Quad SPI memory has to be programmed with XHRA-2HPA's firmware binary.
ast8346 wrote: 1. Can this device operate in slave mode?
No.
ast8346 wrote: 2. Can the code on this device be changed and how? For example, the device has SPDIF, I2S, I2C, DSD already there, but I would like to add optical\coax I\Os into a few free GPIO it has. Can I do that?
It is a stereo OUT device and provides one S/PDIF output. And you can connect one Coax/Optical connector to the SPDIF pin. The GPIOs are programmable for general I/O toggling which is described in the Appendix section. Please contact XMOS for more information on the programming/configuration part.
ast8346 wrote: 3. I see no usual debugging pins on this device. How do I debug it if I want\need to?
You don't need to debug this as it is a fixed function device, hence no debugging pins.

Cheers,

Krishna
ast8346

Post by ast8346 »

OK
Thanks